- 340 ml beer standard size beer of your choice
- 1 egg
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºc and line a 25cmx15cm (standard) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add all the wet ingredients then mix until just combined. Stir in the corn and cheese.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes, checking to see if the bread is cooked after 60 minutes. Test by inserting a skewer, if it comes out clean the bread is cooked.
- If the bread is browning too fast, loosely cover it with a piece of foil and continue baking.
- When the bread is cooked, remove it from the oven and allow to cool before serving.